Friday, April 15, 2011

Eww . . . How Much Grease/Fat in Ground Beef?

One of my favorite ~and most used~ kitchen tools is my Stack Cooker by Tupperware. I've had it for 15+ years. I originally bought it so that I could cook meals in my microwave, but I soon discovered what it was most handy for; browning ground beef. It only takes 6 minutes per pound, but the best thing is that it drains off the grease/fat while cooking.
This is a picture of how much grease/fat is cooked off of 1lb of ground beef. I don't get that much grease/fat off when I brown it on the stove.

The other tool that I use when I brown ground beef is from Pampered Chef. It's the Mix'n Chop.

The Stack Cooker is On Sale now at Tupperware.
Just click here, then on Shop our Product Gallery, then on On Sale.

Easy Tacos
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
Sour cream
Shredded lettuce
Grated cheese
Salsa
Taco shells

Place ground beef in Colander inside of 1 3/4 qt Casserole, cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Break-up meat with Mix'N Chop and return to microwave for 3 minutes. Remove meat from colander and place in 3 qt casserole, add taco seasoning and 1/2 pouch of water. Stir well; and microwave covered for an additional 2 minutes. Serve with toppings of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment