Friday, April 15, 2011

Eww . . . How Much Grease/Fat in Ground Beef?

One of my favorite ~and most used~ kitchen tools is my Stack Cooker by Tupperware. I've had it for 15+ years. I originally bought it so that I could cook meals in my microwave, but I soon discovered what it was most handy for; browning ground beef. It only takes 6 minutes per pound, but the best thing is that it drains off the grease/fat while cooking.
This is a picture of how much grease/fat is cooked off of 1lb of ground beef. I don't get that much grease/fat off when I brown it on the stove.

The other tool that I use when I brown ground beef is from Pampered Chef. It's the Mix'n Chop.



Easy Tacos
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
Sour cream
Shredded lettuce
Grated cheese
Salsa
Taco shells

Place ground beef in Colander inside of 1 3/4 qt Casserole, cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Break-up meat with Mix'N Chop and return to microwave for 3 minutes. Remove meat from colander and place in 3 qt casserole, add taco seasoning and 1/2 pouch of water. Stir well; and microwave covered for an additional 2 minutes. Serve with toppings of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment