Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tortilla Casserole

Here's a recipe from my friend Jennifer.

Tortilla Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can corn kernels (drained)
1 package shredded cheese (I use the Mexican mix)
corn tortillas

*sour cream, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc. can be added to taste.

Preheat oven to 350
Brown the ground beef, drain and add the taco seasoning
Add the black beans and corn
*You can add black olives if you prefer....

In a casserole dish, spread a thin layer of filling and top with cheese and a layer of corn tortillas.
Add another layer of filling, cheese and tortillas until you run out!

I usually stop with the cheese layer.

Cover with foil and put in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, etc.

Tips:
Whenever I brown ground beef, I use my Tupperwave Stack Cooker so that I drain off all the fat/grease. Thanks Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment