Wednesday, January 20, 2021

No Soak Pinto Beans

My daughter loves beans and rice.  I make this about once a week for lunch.  What I love about this recipe is that I can put the rice in the rice cooker ~we eat brown rice~ and this recipe in my Quick Cooker around 11:00 a.m. and lunch will be ready by noon.  

Ingredients:

1 cup pinto beans
3 cups water
1 T. bacon drippings
1 t. minced garlic
1 t salt
1 t. ground cumin
1 t minced onion
1 t Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning

Directions:

1.  Rinse and sort beans in cool water, drain.
2.  Add beans, water, bacon drippings and seasonings to the inner pot of the Quick Cooker.
3.  Lock the lid and select the BEANS setting.  Adjust the time to 35 minutes and press START.
4.  When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes.  Press the steam-release button to release ay remining pressure.  Press. CANCEL.

Serve over rice.  




No comments:

Post a Comment