Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Herman Cain: Throw Out the Tax Code!

I love Herman Cain. Ever since I first heard him, I have supported him. He has both common sense and business sense. He is my top choice for POTUS.

He talked with Glenn Beck today about the 9-9-9 plan, the Federal Reserve, Fannie and Freddie, and the anti-capitalist "Occupy Wall Street". I have long been a proponent of a National Sales Tax instead of an Income Tax. Mr. Cain is a proponent of the Fair Tax which is essentially that. He's promoting his 9-9-9 plan as a stepping stone to get there. His 9-9-9 plan is simple. 9% Sales Tax; 9% Income Tax and 9% Corporate Tax. That's it. How wonderful would that be. I do have some reservations about adding a National Sales Tax w/o first abolishing the 16th Amendment, but his plan has a super majority to raise the tax built in.

I'm excited about the traction that Cain is getting. According to the latest CBS poll He is tied with Romney for 1st. He truly would be a great president.

1 comment: