Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Last night I cooked dinner totally in the microwave. I did Baked Chicken Supreme, Della Gourmet Rice and Broccoli cuts. I used my Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef for the chicken and my Heat ‘N Serve container from Tupperware for my rice. My rice cooker that came with my hubby when we got married 21 years ago gave up the ghost. I’ve got to decide if I want another like it or a microwave one. I usually cook with brown rice, ~which takes 45 minutes and I don’t want to tie up my microwave for that long~ so I’m thinking another electric one. It is so hot here in Memphis that I don’t use my oven during the summer. A couple of months ago, I had a Pampered Chef cooking show so I could get the Deep Covered Baker. My main reason for wanting it was to cook Pork Tenderloin in the microwave. I’d seen a recipe for cooking chicken in the microwave in the Deep Covered Baker, so I thought I’d try one of my own in it. It was awesome. My husband didn’t know that I cooked it in the microwave. It even passed his taste test. ~That’s saying a lot!~

I’m a kitchen gadget junkie. I once had a friend call me the Bob Vila of kitchenware. I love Tupperware and Pampered Chef and the Williams-Sonoma outlet here in Memphis. If you don’t have a friend who is a consultant, go to their websites and find one. Pampered Chef’s stoneware collection is the best and since I’ve found that I can use it in the microwave, I may never use my oven again. Just kidding! Anyway, tonight I’m going to try chicken with a southwest flair. I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment